Eeeeeeeh there's a lot more traffic on that stretch of Railway Road these days. This shot, looking towards Salford, from approximately where the Adelphi is, on the corner of High Street, dates from the 1950's. The shop premises and the White Bull on the left are still there, but half of the premises on the right have gone, as has the Woolworths building on the corner of Church Street.
(Please click on the image to expand it)
COURTESY OF THE CP COLLECTION
Post a Comment