Three similar shots of the same section of Preston New Rd, all taken from just below Strawberry Bank and showing the properties between Alma Street and New Park Street.
The top image is the earliest one and dates to approximately 1895. The middle image is just prior to the First World War and the bottom image, an unusual night time shot, dates to around the same time, possibly a little earlier (1912 or so).
St Georges Church is long gone, but the large villa type houses on the far left of the pictures are still there, as is the one on the right, on the corner of Strawberry Bank, as well as the others further up the road on the same side.
COURTESY OF THE CP COLLECTION